help gofor deliver better™
This is the goforce. We want motivated employees, but more than that we want people driven by caring, commitment, and the sense that we can deliver better.
Our gofor model of last-mile delivery is different than what came before. Using electric vehicles, carbon offsets, empowered drivers, and smart packaging, we offer a carbon-free, renewable delivery™ program that sets new standards for the industry.
We want the people who work with us to think big and help us grow. To understand how great service can help us deliver more than packages. To believe that the last mile needs to be better equipped to serve the environment as well as the customers.
If you are skilled, thoughtful, enthusiastic, and self-driven — join our team.
At gofor, we prize diversity, respect what you bring to the job, and have made it our mission to make communities more livable. Let’s deliver better ™, together.
Reporting to the Regional Logistics Manager (RLM), our Market Logistics Manager (MLM) is responsible for the overall management of delivery services within a defined service area.
The MLM is responsible to monitor manage and maintain logistics services within a defined service area. This includes managing all orders for delivery, service level compliance, driver engagement and management, customer escalations, and all logistics operations within the service area(s). The Manager will work in collaboration with the sales organization, specifically the local sales representative, where necessary to help present gofor’s value proposition, service levels, and delivery solutions such that there is a clear understanding of the services to be provided between gofor and its customers.
The role leverages its market network to assist the Driver Happiness Team in locating and onboarding new drivers into the gofor platform. The role conducts regular meetings and inspections with the local driver community to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with gofor’s crowdsourced drivers and to ensure that all drivers are effectively fulfilling gofor’s contractual obligations and fulfilling gofor’s brand promise. The role includes responsibilities for ensuring that all requirements of other internal constituencies are effectively communicated. This role is an integral part of the logistics team as it is the main point of accountability for logistics operations within a service area.
- the schedule for this position is Monday through Friday each week.
- schedule may change due to the operational requirements of our customers
- this is a remote position
- managing all logistics operations within a defined service area(s). This area may consist of all or none of a metropolitan area or multiple metropolitan areas
- logistics operations management consists of meeting or exceeding service levels for all deliveries within the service area, providing asset forecasts based on projected volumes within the service area, and constantly monitoring orders to ensure that they follow established practices and procedure
- for clients that have large terminal operations such as other couriers that subcontract final mile delivery to gofor, the market logistics manager will regularly visit each terminal within the standard pickup hours to ensure that all gofor drivers follow established practices and procedures for the terminal and customer and to build relationships with terminal managers to effectively address challenges and to grow parcel volume from within those terminals
- take direct responsibility for dispatching drivers within defined markets
- work with local sales and the customer onboarding team to onboard new clients in the service area
- regularly inspect drivers within the service area to ensure that they are compliant with all gofor policies and procedures
- assists in the driver onboarding for drivers within a service area
- be the initial escalation point for any service issues, either from customers or from other gofor constituencies, within the service areas and to then troubleshoot these issues to provide effective resolution
- conduct merchant wellness checks to ensure our customers are satisfied with our services
- provide subject matter expert insight (be the voice of the drivers) to other functional teams across the business
- provide support for independent owner/operators, fleet operators, and their drivers
- implement procedures and directives from the logistics management/executive team
- maintain a deep understanding of the functionality of gofor’s service delivery platforms and operational processes
- provide support to all departments at gofor as necessary to affect a smooth logistics operation within the service area
education & experience:
- minimum 5 years of working experience in logistics and/or transportation management
- minimum 2 years of working experience with CRMs (Hubspot, Salesforce, etc.)
skills & abilities:
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken). Spanish would be considered an asset;
- possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, commitment, ethical values, and achievement-oriented.
- excellent organizational, planning, and implementation skills
- excellent communication skills, writing, speaking, and presenting
- strong knowledge of health and safety and personal protective equipment
- strong knowledge of dispatch
- able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners, and employees
- able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions
- understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines
- computer literacy, including effective working skills of Google Workspace apps (sheets, docs, slides, email, etc.)
- high level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
what do we offer?
- remote work environment
- competitive salary
- customized health care options
- retirement savings plan with company match
- employee stock options
- diverse and inclusive team
- transparent and collaborative environment
- work-life harmony
- opportunities to learn, experiment, test, fail, and grow with a caring and empowering team
October 7th, 2022
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any evaluation phase, please contact us to request specialized accommodation. All information received concerning accommodation will be kept confidential.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.