help gofor deliver better™
This is the goforce. We want motivated employees, but more than that we want people driven by caring, commitment, and the sense that we can deliver better.
Our gofor model of last mile delivery is different than what came before. Using electric vehicles, carbon offsets, empowered drivers, and smart packaging, we offer a carbon free, renewable delivery™ program that sets new standards for the industry.
We want the people who work with us to think big and help us grow. To understand how great service can help us deliver more than packages. To believe that the last mile needs to be better equipped to serve the environment as well as the customers.
If you are skilled, thoughtful, enthusiastic, and self driven — join our team.
At gofor, we prize diversity, respect what you bring to the job, and have made it our mission to make communities more livable. Let’s deliver better ™, together.
We are looking for a highly skilled, enthusiastic, and self-driven individual to join our team in the role of Staff Developer – Customer Experience.
We are a technology driven logistics company that brings together retailers, wholesalers, general contractors, and trades people matching them in real-time with vehicle fleet operators, individual owner/operators, and rental fleet operators.
Using our powerful technology platform, we harness idle logistics capacity and match it in real-time with construction industry professionals who need fast, reliable, trained and on-demand delivery.
This position is 100% remote and can be performed from anywhere in North America.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the full-stack customer and administrative portals and APIs that deliver on the Customer Experience at gofor. These portals are used by gofor’s enterprise retail clients to request, track, and manage deliveries in the marketplace. As a full-stack developer on this team, you will be working on the best technologies that span platforms and datastores. Working closely with Product Management and Designers who are primarily focused on the customer experience, you will execute on the intended designs. At the same time, you will be mentoring less experienced developers, applying engineering best practices, and helping to create a culture of software quality and operational excellence through the engineering team.
- design, implement, and test maintainable, scalable, and performant web services using modern web technologies
- build highly efficient APIs which will be used by the web applications. Practical experience in PHP Laravel and GraphQL
- work with group of 3-4 Engineers to support and upgrade the existing projects and to develop new projects from scratch as part of the development team
- lead and work collaboratively with developers, designers, and quality analysts to deliver software
- contribute to all aspects including front end back-end application development
- create database schemas that represent and support customer concepts
- suggest CI/CD improvements which can help improve quality and quicker integration testing and guide in implementing them
- translate use cases into functional applications utilizing your familiarity with various design and architectural patterns
- react to shifting priorities in a productive manner
- work with Product Management teams to translate abstract requirements into tangible technical stories
- work with full stack customer experience team to suggest improvements that can enable rapid development, improve quality, and bring down development cycles
education, skills, and qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related area (preferred)
- 10+ years of experience developing full stack applications in a product environment
- strong design skills and well versed with software design patterns, synchronous/asynchronous communication patterns
- hands-on knowledge of the PHP Laravel and React JS
- good understanding of Web Frontend Technologies (React JS/Next JS)
- expertise in MVC pattern, RESTful APIs and Web APIs is a must
- working knowledge of development tools (Git) and continuous integration build practices
- strong communications skill with ability to gather detailed requirements from business analysts and product owners and communicate it back to other developers (front end and backend developers)
- ability to translate abstract requirements and dealing with ambiguity
- strong knowledge and hands-on experience building native cloud applications is preferred (we are on Azure but working knowledge of AWS or Google Cloud is sufficient)
- strong development experience in MySQL Server and Database Programming
- strong knowledge or eagerness to learn system architecture, micro services, enterprise applications
- excellent written and verbal communication
- flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality
- ability to organize and plan work independently
- ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities
- ability to command respect from team members by showing team building and strong people-first culture: ownership, accountability, getting things done are a few are traits that are natural to you
what do we offer?
- remote work environment
- competitive salary
- customized health care options
- retirement savings plan with company match
- employee stock options
- communications allowance
- a unique opportunity to join a team founded for platform engineering for a product that already proven success in the market and scale
- ability to work with enterprise retailers and brand names you are familiar with and probably shop at everyday
- diverse and inclusive team
- transparent and collaborative environment
- work-life harmony
- flexible hours
- opportunities to learn, experiment, test, fail, and grow with a caring and empowering team
July 4th, 2022
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any evaluation phase, please contact us to request specialized accommodation. All information received concerning accommodation will be kept confidential.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.