help gofor deliver better™
This is the goforce. We want motivated employees, but more than that we want people driven by caring, commitment, and the sense that we can deliver better.
Our gofor model of last mile delivery is different than what came before. Using electric vehicles, carbon offsets, empowered drivers, and smart packaging, we offer a carbon free, renewable delivery™ program that sets new standards for the industry.
We want the people who work with us to think big and help us grow. To understand how great service can help us deliver more than packages. To believe that the last mile needs to be better equipped to serve the environment as well as the customers.
If you are skilled, thoughtful, enthusiastic, and self driven — join our team.
At gofor, we prize diversity, respect what you bring to the job, and have made it our mission to make communities more livable. Let’s deliver better ™, together.
Reporting directly to the CFO, the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis will be responsible for working closely with all functional areas of the business to develop financial projections, monitor and explain variances to projections and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual presentations for management. You will work independently and also closely with the Accounting and Finance, Sales and Operations teams in order to review, analyze and report on the impact of changes in financial reporting requirements, prepare and analyze performance related to budgets and prior reporting periods. You will take ownership of the reporting and management of internal controls and procedures around financial reporting. You will leverage your technical expertise to ensure the completion of timely and accurate reporting and strategic analysis of financial data which will allow for the senior leadership team to make well-informed decisions regarding future ventures and growth. Additionally, you will play a key role in the structural refining and enhancement of reporting documents that are presented to the senior leadership team. This role will serve as a key business partner and will use expertise to execute the Company’s strategic objectives.
This position is 100% remote and can be performed from anywhere in the Eastern or Central Standard Time Zones.
- collaborate with the Director of Finance to establish a road map and support the vision for the FP&A function
- support the assessment of ROI and P&L impact of opportunistic market entries, acquisitions, workforce growth, strategic partnerships
- manage and execute the financial aspects of strategic planning, annual operating plan/ budget, rolling 12-month financial forecasting, and 5 year plan
- consolidate and summarize reports on performance against business metrics and translate data into actionable insights to Executive Leadership Team and functional areas
- influence business decisions with high-impact analyses on gross profit and operating expenses to ensure adherence to targets and identification of trends and opportunities for improvement
- through data led analysis, provide insight to optimize long-term revenue growth and support related strategic initiatives (both ad hoc analytics and on-going reporting/ infrastructure)
- influence business decisions through high-impact insights and recommendations for strategic planning
- provide subject matter expertise and partner with internal clients, teams, and leaders as needed
- business case preparation on investments and follow up analysis of variances from expectations
experience that best prepares you:
- bachelor’s degree with a major in Finance or Accounting or 8+ years of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) experience, management reporting and variance analysis, preferably in a Leadership capacity
- CPA is an asset
- MBA preferred
- advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, modeling, and data analytics capabilities
- background in investment banking/private equity is an asset
- detail oriented, entrepreneurial, self-driven, and ambitious; ability to work independently and directly with the Executive Leadership Team on special projects
- excellent leadership, management and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively across departments with a wide variety of people with different proficiencies
- demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analysis with advanced financial modeling and PowerPoint skills
- strive for accuracy and business results with ability to work under compressed timelines
- ability to influence across functions by leveraging analytics and fact-based analysis
- able to extract (from various systems) and manipulate large amounts of data electronically
- effective in both one-on-one and group presentation settings with peers and management
- demonstrate ability to set clear goals and meet exceed goals efficiently and within prescribed timeframes
- have the ability to positively embrace change and understand the impact
- strong writing, oral communication, and organizational skills
what do we offer?
- remote work environment
- competitive salary
- customized health care options
- retirement savings plan with company match
- employee stock options
- diverse and inclusive team
- transparent and collaborative environment
- work-life harmony
- flexible hours
- opportunities to learn, experiment, test, fail, and grow with a caring and empowering team
July 8th, 2022
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any evaluation phase, please contact us to request specialized accommodation. All information received concerning accommodation will be kept confidential.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.