help gofor deliver better™
This is the goforce. We want motivated employees, but more than that we want people driven by caring, commitment, and the sense that we can deliver better.
Our gofor model of last mile delivery is different than what came before. Using electric vehicles, carbon offsets, empowered drivers, and smart packaging, we offer a carbon free, renewable delivery™ program that sets new standards for the industry.
We want the people who work with us to think big and help us grow. To understand how great service can help us deliver more than packages. To believe that the last mile needs to be better equipped to serve the environment as well as the customers.
If you are skilled, thoughtful, enthusiastic, and self driven — join our team.
At gofor, we prize diversity, respect what you bring to the job, and have made it our mission to make communities more livable. Let’s deliver better ™, together.
Reporting to the Director of Logistics Canada, our Market Logistics Manager is responsible for the overall management of delivery services within a defined service area.
The Manager is responsible to monitor manage and maintain logistics services within a defines service area. This includes managing all orders for delivery, service level compliance, driver engagement and management, customer escalations and all logistics operations within service area(s). The Manager will work in collaboration with the sales organization, specifically the local sales representative, where necessary to help present gofor’s value proposition, service levels and delivery solutions such that there is a clear understanding of the services to be provided between gofor and its customers.
The role leverages its market network to assist the Driver Happiness Team in locating and onboarding new drivers into the gofor platform. The role conducts regular meetings and inspections with the local driver community to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with gofor’s crowdsourced drivers. In addition, you will ensure that all drivers are effectively fulfilling gofor’s contractual obligations and fulfilling gofor’s brand promise. The role includes responsibilities for ensuring that all requirements of other internal constituencies are effectively communicated. This role is an integral part of the logistics team as it is the main point of accountability for logistics operations within a service area.
- the position is considered a hybrid role, requiring a blend of both remote and in-person work.
- you will be managing operations for the following metropolitan areas: calgary, edmonton, red deer, regina, saskatchewan, and winnipeg
- managing all logistics operations within a defined service area(s). this area may consist of all or none of a metropolitan area or multiple metropolitan areas.
- logistics operations management consists of meeting or exceeding service levels for all deliveries within the service area, providing asset forecasts based on projected volumes within the service area and constantly monitoring orders to ensure that they follow established practices and procedure
- for clients that have large terminal operations such as other couriers that subcontract final mile delivery to gofor, the market logistics manager will regularly visit each terminal within the standard pickup hours to ensure that all gofor drivers follow established practices and procedures for the terminal and customer and to build relationships with terminal managers to effectively address challenges and to grow parcel volume from within those terminals
- take direct responsibility for dispatching drivers within defined market(s)
- work with local sales and the customer onboarding team to onboard new clients in the service area
- regularly inspect drivers within the service area to ensure that they are compliant with all gofor policies and procedures.
- assists in the driver onboarding for drivers withing a service area
- be the initial escalation point for any service issues, either from customers or from other gofor constituencies, within the service areas and to then troubleshoot these issues to provide effective resolution
- conduct merchant wellness checks to ensure our customers are satisfied with our services.
- provide subject matter expert insight (be the voice of the drivers) to other functional teams across the business.
- provide support for independent owner/operators, fleet operators and their drivers
- implement procedures and directives from logistics management/executive team
- maintain a deep understanding of the functionality of gofor’s service delivery platforms and operational processes
- provide support to all departments at gofor as necessary to affect a smooth logistics operation within the service area
education & experience:
- minimum 5 years’ working experience in logistics and/or transportation management.
- minimum 2 years’ working experience with crm’s (hubspot, salesforce, etc.)
skills & abilities:
- possess the following personal qualities: integrity, creativity, high standards, commitment, ethical values, and achievement oriented.
- excellent organizational, planning and implementation skills.
- excellent communication skills, writing, speaking, and presenting.
- strong knowledge of health and safety and personal protective equipment
- strong knowledge of dispatch
- able to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners, and employees.
- able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions.
- understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and
- computer literacy, including effective working skills of microsoft word, excel, powerpoint, adobe products and e-mail required.
- high level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
what do we offer?
- competitive salary;
- flexible health benefits;
- a dynamic work environment inside one of the fastest-growing companies in north america.
- empowerment to take on important activities, apply your skills, and be recognized for your contributions;
- a highly collaborative team environment where there are no egos or politics, we work together and get things done;
- a work environment built on our founders' belief that knowledge is power, transparency drives focus, collective well-being is nurtured, and return-on-life is far more important than return on investment;
- opportunity to work with amazing and talented people. no one succeeds alone; we execute together.
May 23rd, 2022
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any evaluation phase, please contact us to request specialized accommodation. All information received concerning accommodation will be kept confidential.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.